Delving into darkness
‘To lose our connection with the body is to become spiritually homeless. Without anchor we float aimlessly, battered by the winds and waves of life’ Andrea Judith
What’s your biggest fear?
This winter I’ve been working on new projects for 2020 and 2021 on ALIGNMENT, physical, mental, energetic. Before I can launch anything I really felt I need to go in and access things within me that are not in alignment.
It’s been a dark process so far, starting off in the root chakra- our base support I’ve gone in and looked in the darker deeper aspects of myself- namely FEAR. Out of balance the root chakra is all about FEAR, low energy, feeling disconnected from the earth, not trusting our body, having poor boundaries, chronic disorganisation, also relating to our sense of safety, and security. I’ve experienced lots of FEARS in my life from fears of success, to fear or failure, from going out on nights out through a FEAR of time running out, to travel around the world because i FEARED one day I wouldn’t be able to, as well as severe FEAR of isolation and loneliness (then automatically invite all this energy because they are still in my energetic field!!)
I’ve allowed myself to go into this cave and look at some old core beliefs, connecting to deep rooted sadness and pain and allow myself to feel it. I’ve been in darkness a lot in my life, so this is nothing new, but this time I’m doing it from a healthy mind perspective and allowing each emotion or discomfort to wash throughout my being without attaching to it. It’s still very uncomfortable and a task most people would avoid but it seems to me how can ever truly be connected to higher frequencies if we have got rotten stuff attached to our roots? If your foundations are not solid, how can anything else be? How can delicious fruits spawn from rotten roots?
Process that have helped me connect to my root
- Asking myself What is my biggest fear? Mind mapping this, creating artwork, meditating on this. Allowing what comes up to rise. Then processing and releasing back to the earth.
- Connecting to the earth- where possible- getting my ass as close to the earth as I can- imagining the pelvic bowl opening up and energetically plugging into the earth, and letting the earth pull and drain out whatever negativity isn’t needed. (the earth LOVES to compost our crap!) Walking barefoot. Eating roots vegetables, drinking veggies from the earth
- Grounding- earth connecting Yoga sequences https://elenabrower.com/glo/
- Connecting to the energies of Kali and Durga- allowing free writing to flow from here. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16202068-awakening-shakti
- DANCING to music that (I feel) is darker, heavier, more dense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnfPaaMR6Qc
- Remembering we are EARTH creatures- so reconnecting to her physically (ever noticed how gardeners are pretty grounded people?) walking, touching connecting. I’ve replanted a few plants around the home reconnecting to the soil etc.
The process is still ongoing but worthwhile.
How could you reconnect to the EARTH and your sense of belonging?
It is safe for me to be here.
I love my body and I trust its wisdom
I am here and I am real.
Oils/Crystals to support
Hematite, Smoky Quartz, Beryl, Black Tourmaline, Garnet.
HEALTH ISSUES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CHAKRA: Joint pain, lower backache, elimination problems, obesity, constipation, anorexia, and poor immune system function.
Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ginger, Thyme, Basil, Clary Sage
*Andrea Judith, Eastern Body Western Mind, Celestial Arts, 2nd Edition 2004.